Preparing for Supplementary Interviews

So I’ve finally gotten around to doing my first audio test with DSLR video. I’m using a Nikon D3100 HD DSLR* with no audio inputs for a series of short interviews that will be a supplementary feature of “Wood.” I plan to show the interview feature at the screening, and will include it in the DVD and Blu-ray release.

Since the in-camera microphones on DSLRs stink, I tested plugging a lavalier mic receiver into the 1/8″ input of my Tascam DR-07 MKII. It worked! If I use some kind of clapper to make a pop in the audio, I should be able to sync the sound with the video in post.

*I upgraded the memory card to a SanDisk Extreme 32GB SDHC (Class 10) flash memory card.


2 thoughts on “Preparing for Supplementary Interviews

  1. Hi! I was an extra and the main understudy in In this wood. When can I get a copy of the film? I spent a lot of time filming, and would love to see it after all of these years! Hope you’re doing well.
    Madeline Hawkins

    1. Hi Madeline! Nice to hear from you. You can come to the cast/crew screening in Austin when the film’s ready. I’ll post news about that here. Then it will be submitted to film festivals, and finally released on DVD and I hope Blu-ray. I don’t know when that will be, so just check in here once in a while.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s